Labonte78
New Member.

Is it possible to organized documents inside the folder?

Hello Everyone.

I hope someone can assist me with my question.... 🙂

Currently using HPRM 8.3

The Office has their system set up as Folders with the Documents saved inside each folder.  My questions is, what do I need to do to organized the documents (inside the folder) in alphabetical order?

In a regular (electronic) folder I would do a "right click" and then "organize"  or "sort" by Name, Date, Type, Size, Ascending or Descending ...  But I don't seem to be able to do that with the documents in HP Records Manager.  

Thank you,

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
FlinBin Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Is it possible to organized documents inside the folder?

I am not sure if i understood the question correclty. i am assuming you want to sort the contents of a folder by title.

If so, right_click on the folder and select 'contained records', which will display the contents in a screen. (Or use 'Navigate to contents' option from 'navigate' toolbar - btb, i am in RM8.1 ). You can sort by any metadata ('title') by clicking on the header once or twice to do ascending or descending sort.

You will have to have the folder contents displayed in a separate screen to be able to do it -  not as drop down from parent folder.

Labonte78
New Member.

Re: Is it possible to organized documents inside the folder?

Hi FlinBin,

I apologize for the late response.

What our client wanted to do, was to sort the records WITHIN a container WHILE she searches for a container and then expand it. She wants to sort container by 1 rule and contained records by another.

After doing some more research what we found out was, thah this function is not possible with HPRM.

Tank toy so much for your time and help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.