Acclaimed Contributor.. Joshua Hutley Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Is there a bat command to set the location of offline records.dat file in CM9

Jump to solution

Hi

Looking for some deployment help please.

It is my understanding the location of offline records DB folder (offlinerecords.dat) is typically set by the bat command CLIENT_APPDATA_FOLDER. This same command also sets the location of the User Configuration Files folder.

We have changed the location of our Offline Records Document Folder to be the user’s home drive (H drive) by setting this command OFFLINE_DATA_FOLDER. We do this because we don’t have roaming profiles.

If the offline records documents folder is on the H drive, then it makes sense that the offline records DB folder (offlinerecords.dat) should also exist on the H drive, so it follows across environments.

The only way I know to do this is to either change CLIENT_APPDATA_FOLDER (which also changes the configuration folders) or apply a hidden registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Micro Focus\Content Manager\DataPaths\TopDrawerPath. By updating this key you can just control just the location of the offlinerecords.dat file and leave the configuration folder local.

My question is can this be setup in the bat installation rather than by registry key?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Is there a bat command to set the location of offline records.dat file in CM9

Jump to solution

The method you described is the only way that I know to effectively change that location.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
4 Replies
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Is there a bat command to set the location of offline records.dat file in CM9

Jump to solution

As per the 9.3 installation guide (attached) you can set the Offline folder location via the installation script method. Looking at previous versions, this appears to be applicable for at least 8.3 through 9.3.

Excerpt from the guide (Page 52) as follows. The last option below (OFFLINE_DATA_FOLDER) may be the most applicable?

CAUTION:
You can also use the following properties in the command lines, which enables you to set
specific locations for the corresponding Content Manager data folders, for example, if you
needed them to be in users’ H:\ drives for some reason.
However, changing these data folder locations is not recommended.
By not including those properties in the command line, the installer uses user-specific paths on
each computer.
USER_LEX_FOLDER – installation location of the Content Manager user dictionary
CLIENT_APPDATA_FOLDER – the location of Content Manager data files
CLIENT_LOCAL_APPDATA_FOLDER – the location of Content Manager data files
OFFLINE_DATA_FOLDER – the location of Content Manager offline data files

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Joshua Hutley Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks but OFFLINE_DATA_FOLDER sets the location of offline documents folder but not the database.

This is set by CLIENT_APPDATA_FOLDER which in turn also controls the location of configuration folder which I prefer to set different to the offline records database.

The attached is what I am want to achieve and to date we have had to rely on the addition of a registry key update as part of the install process

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The method you described is the only way that I know to effectively change that location.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You could add to your login script something similar to:

@ ECHO OFF
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Micro Focus\Content Manager\DataPaths" /v "TopDrawerDataPath" /t REG_SZ /d "H:\Drive" /f
EXIT

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.