Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. 19irsted Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Issue adding Respondiable Location "workgroup" to an Action

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  Currently we are in the process of implementing Actions in TRIM (7.1.2).  During our testing stage we have hit a small hurtle when adding an action using a "Workgroup" as the responsible location.  See attached message. 

Thanks in adavanced

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Valued Contributor..

Re: Issue adding Respondiable Location "workgroup" to an Action

Jump to solution

Thanks for that Steve, its now working except for when the action is assigned to the "workgroup" location its not visible in any of the group members Due Tray's.  I recently read the following

Actions may be assigned to a "group" location type (e.g. Workgroup, Project Team etc) that has multiple individual People members.  The Record with the attached Action will appear in the Due Tray of multiple people as a result. This creates a "work queue" environment where any member of the Respnsible Location group is able to take responsibility for the work.

Sounds simple enough so what could be the issue?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Steve Macukat Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Check the "Profile" tab under that Location.  Also check the Associations Tab.  Make sure that all the security matches up with related objects (eg Record Types).  If the Action is set as a default for any Record Types make sure that matches up.   Check the Defaults Tab & Access Controls Tab on the Record Type.  

I've had this problem pop up a few times when setting up default access for Record Types.  It can take a bit of time to troubleshoot.  What TRIM is doing is checking all the implied security rules to make sure you don't accidentally setup something that cause trouble down the track.  Its helpful that way, but takes some getting used to for Admins.

Also, try testing with a different location type.  Not all location types are created equally.  Some are prevented from doing some things.  Generally Organisation & Person location types are the most flexible.  

Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for that Steve, its now working except for when the action is assigned to the "workgroup" location its not visible in any of the group members Due Tray's.  I recently read the following

Actions may be assigned to a "group" location type (e.g. Workgroup, Project Team etc) that has multiple individual People members.  The Record with the attached Action will appear in the Due Tray of multiple people as a result. This creates a "work queue" environment where any member of the Respnsible Location group is able to take responsibility for the work.

Sounds simple enough so what could be the issue?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Steve Macukat Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Sorry I didn't reply sooner 19irsted, I just saw your post.  I don't have much experience with Actions.  All I can say is check the Workgroup & its members have sufficient security to see the action & the records.  To eliminate security as an issue you could try upgrading one user and the workgroup to the  highest possible security temporarily & see if that changes the result.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Steve, I will give that a go

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.