Outstanding Contributor.. PerthRM8 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Issue with CheckIn Styles in MicroFocus COntent Manager 9.3

Jump to solution

Hi,

win 10, testing the MicroFocus Content Manager 9.3 pointing either to PROD 8,3 Patch 2 or to CM 9.2 WGS

Hi all,

While evaluating the latest TRIM Contant Manager 9.3 , I realised that there is an issue in my case with creating the CheckIn styles, through MS Outlook or through the MF Content Manager Client...

When doing it through the MS Outlook, when i want to click OK after setting the CHECK IN STYLE  , it displays the error(s) depending which record type i choose..but the main one is: "The Data Rules for record type Corporate Document do not allow you to set a value for "Classification" ... the second on is " the data... ```  for Document Type..... so I cannot create the CHECK IN STYLE ...

I am logged on as TRIM Administrator account .... Also, this account has some local admin rights ....and I upgraded my Client from CM 9.2. Patch 1 to CM 9.3 3 days ago ....

Later, I have realised that it has to do something with a default values for certain Additional Fields in a certain Record types .... If there is a value there by the default, we must clear that value .(e.g. Classification, Document Type, Issue Category".. etc. ... ...and only after i cleared all (5-6 default values ) for additional fields (lookup sets / items) I was able to finaly create the CHECK IN STYLE , but only through TRIM, e.g. CM ..... Not through MS Outlook ..

Obviously, this is an issue for us....

How to deal with this one? Can someone please analyse this as we are now starting to choose the version for the incoming TRIM upgrade ...

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Issue with CheckIn Styles in MicroFocus COntent Manager 9.3

Jump to solution

Do you have a Metadata validation rule that is generating that error message?  Either way I believe you need to lodge a support request, looks like something that needs replicating and fixing.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Do you have a Metadata validation rule that is generating that error message?  Either way I believe you need to lodge a support request, looks like something that needs replicating and fixing.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**

Jump to solution

Thanks,

I do have 7-8 Metadata Validation Rules, but i think this is hapening only in 9.3 not in 9.2 patch 1 , so it must be the default valus in the additional field Lookup sets/items that are causing this ..

I will delete the Validation rules and test it again to see what will happen, but the cm 9.2 server is totally down this Monday....so..

later

Cheers

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I've just deleted Metadata Validation Rules and I had no issues in creating the new check in styles, ...

so, all good, but then, are we able to create the metadata validation rules without affecting the CHECK IN STYLES creation

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Any chance you could lodge a support call and then we can investigate and fix and you will be able to track the progress?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.