JimSmithJr Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Journaling Emails using SMTP and Origins - Has anyone done this?

Jump to solution

We have journalling setup for a large number of accounts. For this journal we get about 30 emails a minute. We are currently using EmailLink to process emails. At this time EmailLink can only process a max of around 10 to 12 emails a minute. I have a backlog of about 35k to process.

In researching this problem we found this video from David Churchland of Micro Focus. http://www.hprm.info/blog/2018/2/8/capture-all-email-using-email-manager . It looks like he is configuring an SMTP server to capture the journaling account and process the emails to a folder. Then configuring Content Manager 9.1 Origins (Email Capture) to process everything. 

Has anyone done this, or used the Origins Email Capture?

Jim Smith
Information First
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.

Re: Journaling Emails using SMTP and Origins - Has anyone done this?

Jump to solution

We configured the SMTP solution, then created an Origin to process the Journaled Emails that are placed in the drop folder. We configured the bulk loader to use a location on the SQL server with a 1 GB drive. In the Origin configuration we had to turn off contact creation because it was too slow. (Starting in version 9.2 you can process the contacts after the fact).

At this time we are getting over 30 emails a minute into the drop folder. The system is having no problem processing these and keeping up.

Jim Smith
Information First
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Jim,

While I believe the email management you refer to in my blog post is the way to go for journalled accounts I would like to get some more information on the EmailLink slowness.

My assumption is that the bottle neck is on the import to CM side.  To confirm this can you tell me whether your message_queue folder (C:\HPE Content Manager\EmailLink\message_queue) has large number of files in it?

thanks,

David

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

The message queue folder has a large amount of records in there. What does this mean? What should the through put look like for EmailLink on average?

Jim Smith
Information First
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

We configured the SMTP solution, then created an Origin to process the Journaled Emails that are placed in the drop folder. We configured the bulk loader to use a location on the SQL server with a 1 GB drive. In the Origin configuration we had to turn off contact creation because it was too slow. (Starting in version 9.2 you can process the contacts after the fact).

At this time we are getting over 30 emails a minute into the drop folder. The system is having no problem processing these and keeping up.

Jim Smith
Information First
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.