Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Linked Email Folders

We are using 8.3.09232 we have always had linked folders in MS Outlook to the relevant HPE RM folder.  The linked folders are in both single user mail boxes and group mail boxes, we are all on windows 10 for some reason on Thursday we can no longer check in linked folders on group mail boxes, we get the attached error, wondering if anyone knows what would cause this, we can check in from a single user account.

Regards

Shelley

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Linked Email Folders

Is this happening with all your linked folders?

What happens if you create a new linked folder and test with that?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi Greg,

All linked folders in the group email box, tried created a new folder and a new link in the group and still get that error message.  If I do the same in my own email it works fine.  Never had this issue before have always had links on email folders to HPE RM for group email accounts.

Cheers

Shell

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Shelley, I would try and establish if the problem is on your machine or a wider issue.

Can someone else that has access to that mailbox create a linked folder and check if they get the same error.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Its a wider issue, have tried different people in the group and also another totally different group with different users, same issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Shelley,

An Object cannot be found error is usually cause by something being wrong with outlook, rather than the integration. Couple of things to try;

- Remove the group from outlook, close outlook, open outlook and then add the group again. 
- Get a user to create a new OST make that default and load the email account into that one (basically starting the outlook profile from scratch).
- If you don't have roaming AD profiles; get a user to try on another machine.
- If you do have roaming profiles; get a user to refresh their AD profile.

Were there any changes made to your exchange environment on Wednesday night?

Good luck.

AG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.ltbit.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you have checked the suggestions above, maybe look to the record type and see if any changes were made that might affect the ability to save emails against that record type

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi Greg

There have been no changes to the record type, I am just waiting for my IT department to get back to me re if they have made any changes to the exchange server, I have feeling they have done something as when I went into HPE RM yesterday I had to reload my global settings, so who knows what they have been doing 😞

Cheers

Shell

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

No changes have been made to the Exchange server, we copied the emails from the group folder to an individual folder and everything was going fine for the first 300 emails and then the error message popped again with only 17 to go. Could it be that one the emails we are trying to capture is "corrupted?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As mentioned above, the 8.3 integration is local to the PC so exchange shouldn't be a factor here.

I've always found resetting the user's profile that set up the linked folder to work, the problem being it is an aggressive step and will affect all your settings on all your other applications.

A workaround would be to set up a document queue and you can drag all the emails in there for processing.

I don't think that the email is corrupt, it can run into a stoppage if the email has already been processed or due to the errors you are already experiencing the process might be fragile.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.