Aarnav Contributor.
Contributor.

Location Search string

Hi all,

I am trying to understand how to build search query  for Location. 

When I use this url https://myserver.com/HPRMServiceAPI/Location?pageSize=20&q=%21migration&format=JSON&Propertysets=Details , it returns properties including LocationFaxNumber but the fax number is not listed under Search Clauses for 'Location' https://myserver.com/HPRMServiceAPI/SearchClauseHelp?trimType=Location

Does this mean fax number is not avaialble for searching so a Location cannot be looked up using Fax number?

Any suggestion would be greatly appareciated.

Thanks,

0 Likes
4 Replies
mnewbery4 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Location Search string

No. It means the fax number isn't returned in the result. Does your target location have a fax number to return?

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

The correct search FOR A FAX is phone:"(02) 1234-1234"

Where the whole search term is in quotes and in the expected query format as noted above. This will give you any location that has a phone/fax/mobile/business number in that format.

Try this as a field search or a string search

0 Likes
Highlighted
Aarnav Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi mnewbery4,

Thank you so much for you replies. I am very new to the API and HPRM system. I am just tyring to get my head around the HPRM objects and theri properties and what properties are exposed via ServiceAPI and how to use it.

If I had to figure out search term for fax is autally phone:, which documentation would you suggest me to refer to?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

TRIM/HPRM/HPE Content Manager Desktop client help files (e.g. the F1 key). There are plenty of the required boolean and string based searches as examples there and the web service API is expected to respond in the same way given the same inputs. A developer can test their binary ans string based searches in the editor window then compare the results with the web service API calls.

The help file is installed here for example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\Content Manager\TRIM.CHM

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.