Highlighted
SG76 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Locking Additional Fields in Records Manager 8.3

Is it possible to lock an additional field once data has been entred into it.

For example we have an additional field for Signatory. Once the staff member ahas entered their name in the Signatory field we would like to lock it so it cant be changed ( Except for an administrator)

Is this possible

0 Likes
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. AG_LTBit Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Locking Additional Fields in Records Manager 8.3

Hi SG76,

I can't think of a way to dynamically set this, the modify additional field value access control includes the initial data entry. So locking that down would remove the ability to set it.

If you have a specific group of signatories that enter that detail you could lock it down so nobody else can alter it, but they would still be able to. I think that is as close as you get - unless there are any other options that someone else can think of.

AG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.ltbit.com.au
0 Likes
Strider_1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Nothing springing to mind for me either...

I think the thing to reinforce with the users is that everything is audited. So if someone changes the information it will show user/date/time etc in the audit events. 

That doesn't stop someone accidently changing information that may have a negative impact on a future decision/reporting etc but it will ensure that even if someone is doing the 'wrong thing' for 'whatever reasons' then the audit trail at least shows what is going on and the change can be reversed.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I imagine a Record addin could achieve this.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.