Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Losing Bespoke Global Settings when using the caption Editor

A number of the clients I am working with are requesting modifications to the HPTRIM Client user interface which we need to implement via customisations saved to Global Settings. We are working with  7.3.0 #5193

This works fine unless the modifications involve making changes to Captions using the Caption Editor. Any changes to any caption will reset the TRIM Global settings to 'Factory Settings' thereby losing all the reconfiguration accomplished so far and causing the whole process to have to be repeated. Not a major problem if you are well documented but very time consuming.

Is there a way of copying/restoring bespoke Global Settings to avoid losing them when having to make last minute alterations using the caption editor?

Agreed, you should do all the caption editing first before modifying the rest of the TRIM client user interface, but this this is not always possible and client organisations are very good at coming back at the last minute to make change requests.

Any ideas on how to back up/restore global settings would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Richard Maynard

HPTRIM Consultant

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Losing Bespoke Global Settings when using the caption Editor

Yes you can. You need to backup the configuration files and then manipulate them. Check %appdata%\HP TRIM\%dbid%\config.
---------
Erik
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Losing Bespoke Global Settings when using the caption Editor

Thanks for the advice... makes sense. I'll give it a go.

By the way, I discovered that this problem of loss of settings when you edit captions only happens if you create a New Menu item and place it directly in the tooolbar area. If you create a new Bespoke Toolbar and place you bespoke Menus inside that object you dont seem to get the problem. 

I'll keep monitoring behaviour

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.