Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

MF CM9.3 - Cannot add new Dataset, it is not recognised

Jump to solution

Hi,

WIn 10 and Client MF CM 9.3 recently installed...

The urgent problem is that i cannot add new dataset , e.g. the server with CM 9.2 (which is working OK) to a MF CM 9.3 ...

On the other machine, client 9.2.1 can open 9.2 server ....

on this machine, client MF CM 9.3.0 can open production 8.3 server (the details of the server entered when installing 9.30) but i cannot add even a test server dataset , not to mention the CM 9.2 server ..

Any help would be much appreciated.

regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

RESOLVED !!!! Using a workaround .....

Via Registry editing ....... REGEDIT ... so, basically, there are new sets of windows registry ... beside the Hewlett Packard there is a MicroFocus one .... there , within the section DATASETS key, i simply manually addedd the details for my second/other environment (DEV/test, CM92) ... I specified the dataset name and primary URL and that was enough for MF CM 9.3 to recognise 2 datasets available in my list ...

now i have to do the same for my TEST and other DEV environments...

This should not be done like this..... SOmebody needs to post the proper solution ..

regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted

even when i click to TRIM reference link ...project 123.tr5 which came from 9.2 environment, it is not opening it...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Is there an error message? Something like "<servername> does not exist"? We were seeing this but it went away after updating the MSISettings in the registry and running a repair.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Exactly that.

The server "1234567899999999" does not exist ...

Usualy, in 9.2 when i type in the domain name of the server, it becomes black, bold , recognised  ...if you know what i mean ...

in 9.3 that is not hapening at all...

When i type the server's address anyway, without the system recognising it (acknowl;edging it) it dispaly the error that server does not exist ..

Not sure how to fix this

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

As mentioned try repairing the installtion and then give it ago

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I had a similar problem but found it was due to not adding the new services account I'd created to the SQL permsission for the database.  I still had the old service account added.  As soon as I added the new service account on SQL and gave it access to the database an restarted services it was fine.  Consider checking this as well as running the repair as mentioned by another post here.

InfocentriK Helpdesk
InfocentriK Limited
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks,

I've tried the repair ... core components ,,,,, but not the Content Manager as the only option was to UNINSTALL...

To explain, I had CM 9.2. Patch 1 there before and just did the normal install of 9.3 ..

now I see that at the bottom of the list of programs and features i still have the green hpe rm 8.3 microsoft runtimes for vs 2010 and for 2013 .....

I also installled MF CM 9.3 on my surface pro tablet, the same issue exist there...

OK, regarding these service accounts and adding them to database... which service account, in which environment... currently, when i was installing 9.3 i set our 8.3 production environment and that is the only one that 9.3 client is recognising ...

I am trying to add the WGS for the CM 9.2 environemnt ....

Can someone please instruct me how to do this, i do have full access to the 9.2 environment.... not for 8.3 prod..

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I upgraded from CM9.2 patch 1 to CM9.3 and I found I had a similar issue.

In the end I traced the problem to the CM9.2 TRIM DLLs still being registered in the assembly cache - check that the following folder is empty or has the latest version of the DLLs

C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\HP.HPTRIM.SDK

0 Likes
Highlighted

I checked, there is no such folder there at all ....

Also, I've noticed that once I remove the default DATASET from the list of datasets in this version 9.3 , i cannot add back the one i set while installing!!!!!

Crazy stuff....

So, now, I must uninstall and install the CM 9.3 Client to set my proper Production dataset

.. Also, i must mention that prod server version is 8.3 and the CM9 environment is the HPE MF CM 9.2 (not the patch 1 version, just 9.2)

...So, can you please explain in the detail how did you resolve the issue with CM9.3 connecting to different datasets?

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

RESOLVED !!!! Using a workaround .....

Via Registry editing ....... REGEDIT ... so, basically, there are new sets of windows registry ... beside the Hewlett Packard there is a MicroFocus one .... there , within the section DATASETS key, i simply manually addedd the details for my second/other environment (DEV/test, CM92) ... I specified the dataset name and primary URL and that was enough for MF CM 9.3 to recognise 2 datasets available in my list ...

now i have to do the same for my TEST and other DEV environments...

This should not be done like this..... SOmebody needs to post the proper solution ..

regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

Seems it's bug in 9.3 as we are also having the same issue. (service accounts are all fine)

I tried resolving the with 8.3 client and it's fine but unable to resolve with 9.3 client so added a new dataset registry key as a workaround.

Yasir

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks,

wonder if that all depends whether we install 9.3 from scratch or install on top of existing e.g. HP RM 8.3 ..

in our case the Windows registries got , hm, corrupted, keys got duplicated, Helwett-Packard and Micro Focus keys I mean

Shouldnt there be an addition in code while doing install process, that say, "copy/rename these registry HP to MicroFocus" ...or something like that ..

regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.