Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Major issues in HPRM 8.3.0.9000?

We are testing HPRM 8.3.0.9000. So far we have found one issue with the thick Outlook integration in Office 2016 and 2013. Has anyone upgraded to HPRM 8.3 yet? Do you see any major issue?

Thanks for sharing!

Tom

10 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi

Recently we have upgraded one of the system from 7.1 to 8.3, so far (touch wood) we have not encounter any major issue. There were some small hicups only which we solved through either by Config change or at SQL level. Can you please elaborate the issue you faced especially for Office 2013 on Win8.1 (if applicable). Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Harry
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI Tom,  

There have been some reported issues with RM freezing when checking out records.  Nothing involving office so far.

Happy to help out here.  What is the issue you are experiencing? 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Harry,

We wanted to implement the explicit authentication method for a few clients, but if you use that authentication method, outlook integration will throw exception message everytime you open it and the thick integration will not work properly. I posted my question over here: http://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-Records-Manager-and-HPE-TRIM/HPRM-8-3-0-9000-Outlook-integration-issue/m-p/6826444

Oliver,

Could you please elaborate on that freezing issue? How often does that happen? Any hotfix for it yet?

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Tom

I have had the same exception error with Outlook 2013 and 2016 that you describe.  I lodged the issue with HPE prior to Christmas and unfortunately with much back and forth still have no solution.

Our desktop computing team are also looking at the error.

Sorry, I dont have any useful information at this time.

So far this is the only major problem I have found, however it is preventing me from testing with Outlook further.

Regards

Bianca

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

We've been having the same checkout/freezing issue with 8.2 as well and haven't figured out how to get around it yet.  Hope someone else has had better luck.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Could you please describe how to reproduce this freezing issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Also, I just found this today and sent it to HP.

I'm using HPRM 8.3.0.9000, thick integration with Outlook 2016.

Whenever I open a email record whose original email has some attachments, after I close the email, Outlook will crash and give the error message below. The email can have just the signature as attachment.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: outlook.exe
Problem Signature 02: 16.0.4266.1003
Problem Signature 03: 55ceb248
Problem Signature 04: System
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.17929
Problem Signature 06: 4ffa5c88
Problem Signature 07: 3dbc
Problem Signature 08: 126
Problem Signature 09: System.Security.Security
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033
skulcid: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

It pops up randomly for me, but when it does start happening any check in and out operations will freeze the client.  The only way to fix it for me is to reboot the PC.  It doesn't seem to have anything to do with having a PC on for an extended period of time or be low on resources because my PC has often been on for no more than an hour when it happens.  Still investigating.

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi TheRealJerjef,

We've recently upgraded to RM8.2 and are also having that freezing issue. For some usersit's a case of a hard restart and it helps, others we've had to reinstall RM8.2 - our support team is looking into it

~*~
Current Build: 9.0.4.488
My comments, views, opinions etc. are a reflection of myself and no-one else
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I have today discovered that drag and drop (including 'Send to..') does not work for the Microsoft Office 97-2003 file types. When testing with these older format docouments I am able to select the Record Type but then HPE RM stops working.

I have no issues when testing with docx, xlsx etc.

Can anyone shed any light on this one for me?

Many thanks

Bianca

HPE RM 8.3.0.9000 (Windows 7 / Office 2013)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.