Highlighted
Mark-sai Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Mass Update additional field values

We are using RM8.3 and we need to mass update an additional field value for all existing records. I am thinking of directly updating within the database. But I could not find the additional fields in TSRECORD table. Any idea where the additional field values are stored?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Ralph_Furino Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Mass Update additional field values

It would be safer to use DataPort or TrimPort (I forget what version it changed to DataPort) to update your data. Just my opinion... 

Harry-Koppanyi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi

From RM8.1 onwards addiional fields are stored in their own datatype based tables  , for example String Type additional fields are stored within TSUDFSTRIN.  You need to join few tables together to get the Additional fields and its value. Have a look within your database for tables with name TSUDFxxx.

Ideally you can get your Query's where clause correct by first runing the select statement with Where Clause for couple fo records before you use that Where Clause in your Update statement. (take a full database backup before you run the update)

Cheers,
Harry
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I agree with Ralph, Dataport is the safer option.

If you want to go down the Database route, log a case and send me the number and we can put you in touch with our Database admin to assist. 

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.