UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Maximum number of document's revisions in CM 9.4.2 enforced.

Hi

CM 9.4.2 Hotfix 6 is the version

I asked this before, could not find it in the search, but: 

In HPE RM 8.3.2 that we used until last week, there was "no limit" on number of document's revisions , so we had some with 2-3000 revisions ..... Now, in CM 9.4.2 users cannot add new revision if the number of revisions on the document is higher than 999 .... 

How can we overcome this? 

Is it really only solution to re-create the document as new document (Latest revision obviously)?

Anyone has this issue?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The same applies in CM 9.2.  I don't believe you can override the maximum number of revisions (I'd be very happy to be proved wrong, though).

We've got a couple of spreadsheets running that get updated several times a day, so the revisions rack up very quickly.  My solution is to go into the Properties > Revisions tab and delete a number of the earliest revisions every month to keep making room.

Of course, this depends on whether you regard each revision as being required to be kept.  For us, old revisions on these spreadsheets are just a moment in time and don't need to be retained, as all the information is contained in the most current revision, anyway

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Thanks, 

well, yes, we must keep all revisions ... so the "solution" is to create the new document .... Perhaps, there are some hidden logical reasons why is it setup like that... 

Cheers

P.S. 

Discovered new issue, making new topic... TRIM Action Mail notifications...not working since the upgrade...users complaining... 

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Does David’s fix on the first page here work?

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Content-Manager-User-Discussions/99-Revision-Limit-in-CM-9-2/td-p/1629441

Knowledge Partner

Thanks,

Not sure how to use that solution. So, it is not limitation of the product, rather than limitation on the SQL Database? Can it be controlled from TRIM rather?

Regards

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@PerthRM8 

I don’t believe there is any area to adjust through the front end (for example: system options) 

I believe Micro Focus are worried about performance and had to weigh up whether to enforce a limit or not and hence don’t make the option easily available which I understand.

I might make a short video showing how to adjust.

You don’t need any coding/sql skills so I wreckon you’ll be able to do it. 

Knowledge Partner

Thanks for assisting as always @wintersoldier , 

I think our users now are getting used to the fact, so we will just continue to advise them to create new documents. 

We are anyway dealing with few other TRIM issues (Some are mentioned in this forum) but also our IDOL Indexing engines), remember we just had the TRIM Upgrade. Some are complex issues, some just wrong settings we chose, etc. and Micro Focus is assisting all the way. 

Regards

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Not a problem.

I actually went to replicate in Content Manager 10 and it kept letting me make revisions past 99 so maybe they’ve increased it in version 10.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.