Highlighted
isd15 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Modifying licence details

Hi all 🙂 Running 6.2.5 SQL 2008 Were about to increase the number of licence's and I would like to make sure we havent over looked any tasks that need to be performed once we change the licence key as I'm a bit rusty and better to ask to make sure i've havent forgotten anything. Change the licence details in Enterprise Studio and restart services and deploy changes. Do I need to get the DBA's to perform any tasks from their end once the details have been changed ??? I know 6.2.5 is no longer supported naughty us 😞 and we are currently in the planning stages to upgrade to either 7.5 or 8.1) If I have over looked any tasks that need to be performed all advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers 🙂 MAK
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Modifying licence details

If licensing will give you another key for 6.25 then all you have to do is update the details in the TES save and deploy and that is it. Pretty simple.

The new keys for 8 are similar but are a file you need to add to the same spot in the RM Enterprise studio.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

When you change your license, you GLOBAL SETTINGS will be reset and users will find their toolbars/interface reset to Defaults.

After you update the license you should plan to update and save your global settings again.

You may need to plan a method for all users to get the global settings again, such as enabling Lock Down, or emailing all users and asking them to goto Tools > Options > Get Global.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Thank you Greg,Grundy Purchased the additional licence's but we have been issued additional licence's for 7.3 so the fun begins in getting licencing to issue the additional licences for 6.2.5 even after they agreed and we payed HP. Hopefully when we do upgrade to either 7x or 8.1 we wont have the same issues we encountered last time. (thankyou once again Grundy for advising us and saving us from a lot of heartbreak 2 days before deployment that the the version of 7x we were about to upgrade to had been pulled as HP didnt send any notifications to advise us not to upgrade to that version). Still angry about that little episode but life goes on. Anyway have rambled on enough....Thankyou all. MAK
0 Likes
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

No worries.

Good luck getting the 6.2 license, I don't think the licensing team even had the generation tool for that anymore!

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Thanks everyone for your help 🙂 Got our licence key for 6.2.5 and everyones happy. Cheers MAK
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.