Highlighted
slesajak Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

.NET SDK License

Jump to solution

Hi,

I wasn't able to find any information about .NET SDK license, can I distribute .NET SDK (HP.HPTRIM.SDK.dll) with my application? Are there any obligations from doing so?

Jakub

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor.

Re: .NET SDK License

Jump to solution

After some discussions directly with HPE it looks like that .NET SDK (HP.HPTRIM.SDK.dll) distribution is forbiden.

According to them the designed way how to develop and distribute your app is not to embedded the assembly into your application, reference the assembly from GAC and always use the precise one installed with the client by the user of your app. It's totally possible to do so because since 8.2 SDK the version and the publicKeyToken are unchanged.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You will need a valid Records Manager license and typically you will need to install the RM package so you have access to all the dlls including the  HP.HPTRIM.SDK.dll. 

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
JanMartin Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'm also interested in the rules around the DLL distribution

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

After some discussions directly with HPE it looks like that .NET SDK (HP.HPTRIM.SDK.dll) distribution is forbiden.

According to them the designed way how to develop and distribute your app is not to embedded the assembly into your application, reference the assembly from GAC and always use the precise one installed with the client by the user of your app. It's totally possible to do so because since 8.2 SDK the version and the publicKeyToken are unchanged.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.