Mark-sai Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

.Net SDK set AccessControlSettings

Jump to solution

I would like to inherit access control setting from container. If I don't set any value to AccessControlSettings what is the default access of the record under the container? 

After I create the container via SDK and when I create record under that container, the ACL does not seem to inherit from container? Is there any specific way I need to set AccessControlSettings?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
EWillsey Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: .Net SDK set AccessControlSettings

Jump to solution

Mark,

You've asked two things:

1) "What is the default access of the record under the container" -- the answer to this depends upon the configuration of the record type and attached classifications/categories.  The default configuration for a record type is to do nothing.  It does not inherit from container by default. You have to specify this yourself under the Default tab for the document record type.  There you can set the defautl access control behavior.  Additionally, if you are attaching classifications you would need to review the same setting included on that object.

2) "Is there any specific way I need to set AccessControlSettings"? -- It's easiest if you just change the document record type's default access controls to "based on container".  However, if you need to do this via the .Net SDK, I would recommend these two links: settings access controls and the access control list specification.

Cheers,

Erik

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
1 Reply
Highlighted
EWillsey Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: .Net SDK set AccessControlSettings

Jump to solution

Mark,

You've asked two things:

1) "What is the default access of the record under the container" -- the answer to this depends upon the configuration of the record type and attached classifications/categories.  The default configuration for a record type is to do nothing.  It does not inherit from container by default. You have to specify this yourself under the Default tab for the document record type.  There you can set the defautl access control behavior.  Additionally, if you are attaching classifications you would need to review the same setting included on that object.

2) "Is there any specific way I need to set AccessControlSettings"? -- It's easiest if you just change the document record type's default access controls to "based on container".  However, if you need to do this via the .Net SDK, I would recommend these two links: settings access controls and the access control list specification.

Cheers,

Erik

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.