Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

'No Author' error when using Outlook integration with HP TRIM 7.3

Hi,

We're using HP TRIM 7.3.3.5645 with Office 2010.

A user encountered a problem capturing some emails to HP TRIM using the the Clear Backlog function in the Outlook integration, whereby an error message indicating 'No Author' popped up.  Normally TRIM is able to match the email address of the email with a TRIM location, or prompt the user to create a new location (or add the address to an existing location) if none exists.

I've had a look at the email in question and I can find nothing out of the ordinary that would prompt a 'No Author' error, except that the name displayed in the From field included an asterisk (Eg 'FirstName *').  I've looked around but so far have not been able to find anyone who has encountered a similar issue.  Is it possible that the asterisk in the displayed name may be interpreted as a Wildcard by HP TRIM, or otherwise be the cause of the issue?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: 'No Author' error when using Outlook integration with HP TRIM 7.3

I am not sure if you are seeing this problem - QCCR2D47994 TRIM in Outlook- Not Capturing Addressee field when cataloguing emails from Outlook, which is a bug in Trim 7.33 and fixed in Trim 7.34.  The issue is also discussed in the post - http://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-Records-Manager-and-HPE-TRIM/TRIM-7-3-Issues-with-Contacts-Saving-from-Outlook/m-p/6226377

It seems that it is a problem in handling the addresses - it should use the Sender as the Author of the email. Check the Quxiy above on the SSO site and have a look at the other post.

Jump to   
(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM that you are using in all posts)

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.