Super Contributor.. BCCI Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Not able to force check in record with Adminstrative privileges

Jump to solution

We are currently on HPRM 8.1.1 7760, we are trying to force check in a record checked out by another user.  We are getting an error that this document cannot be modified when selecting "Discard any modifications made".

Please see attachment:  Cannot edit

Is there a workaround?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Not able to force check in record with Adminstrative privileges

Jump to solution

Problem you have is that the ability to check out an email has been removed in RM8, hence why the check in has been removed.

We should be able to mark it as checked it by running a script against the DB.

Can you provide either the URI or the Rec number?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

What kind of document is it? An email?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Yes, an email.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Problem you have is that the ability to check out an email has been removed in RM8, hence why the check in has been removed.

We should be able to mark it as checked it by running a script against the DB.

Can you provide either the URI or the Rec number?

Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

I'm  a little confused here.  You say in RM 8 we cannot check out emails, but another user has checked it out. 

I can see the check in function, but when checking it back in I want to discard any modifications then RM says I cannot make any revisions to the document and throws an error.

Please see the attached message and the Activity Log message

0 Likes
EWillsey Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

What I think he meant was that HPRM does not allow you to modify (checkout) emails, but some builds of v7 allowed you to (a bug).  If you look at the date of check-out by the use was it before or after your upgrade?  I'd bet it was before.

Fix it at the database level.  You have no other options.  Well except maybe delete it and import it again!

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Yes, you are correct.  It was checked out before the upgrade.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

Will this script allow us to force check all emails from this same scenario or just this particular instance?

There are a few more the user checked out we weren't aware of.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

It could do, we would just need the record number or the uri (uri would be better) of all the records that you want ot force check in

EWillsey Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Note: The link in the previous post is to the old HP forum. It's now in the MF forum under:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Content-Manager-User-Discussions/Unable-to-check-in-Record/m-p/1212616

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.