Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Office 2016

Hi all.

I realise that RM 8.3 is the first version that supports the use of Office 2016, and that integration with previous versions of TRIM/Records Manager are unsupported when using Office 2016.  However, my organisation is planning to upgrade to Office 2016 and I have not been able to find any information on whether the unsupported integration tools from pre-RM 8.3 versions will continue to work, whether they encounter problems, etc. 

We are currently running HP TRIM 7.3.3 and pushing for an upgrade, but I expect that Office will probably be implemented before that happens.  I'm hoping that the integration will still be functional, despite being unsupported.

Does anyone have any advice, anecdotes or cautionary tales from their own experience?

Cheers,

Michael

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Office 2016

Since no one else has replied, I did a quick install of 7.33 on a machine with Office 2016. Though I did have some success cataloguing an e-mail from Outlook 2016, the Word integration refused to play ball. See attached.

I'd say you really ought to try setting it up in a test environment to see if you can get it working satisfactorily. Fraught with danger though, and HPE Support won't be much help when problems arise in this scenario.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.