Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Online Audit Log Filtering

Ver/build. 7.3.1.5352

Hi

Is there anyway to filter the online audit log to exclude certain record types/users?  I have a user who regularly filters by the Last Action Date for a given month.  The number of results to extract to Excel is now very high as we are now capturing a large number of documents to TRIM through integration.

Thanks very much.

Simon

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Unfortunately no
---------
Erik
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

We use aSigma Data product that searches the TRIM Audit Log  and/or Billing files.  Filtering on one month, Last Action Date and omitting a couple of user accounts is a breeze - and fast.

The only issue we might have is if we point it at all 50Gb of retained log files!

Regards

Pete

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Curious to know what that issue is ...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Audit logs are produced daily and by default are stored at the location - HP Trim\ServerData\Trim\dataset\Audit Logs\year.  Rather than using it Online Audit logs, it may be possible to extract the information you want from the log files - this is what the third party product does.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM that you are using in all posts)

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

In reply to Cougs,

The issue of a slowdown in response occurs if you try to make life too simple for the user.  If they leave the location of the audit logs as  HP Trim\ServerData\Trim\dataset\Audit Logs, the application will take time to figure our which log files to examine.  We have about 50GB of data spread over 4000 log files. (been running since 2001).  The issue doesn't arise if you point the application at a limited number of files.

I generally copy the files I need off the server onto my workstation.  Response time is then seconds rather than minutes.

Regards

Pete

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.