Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
SG76 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Outlook Check in on send Issue -

We recently upgraded from RM8 to CM9 and have found some user are missing the Transition folder under the sent item in outlook.

This seem to causing issues with the check in on send function.

Without the HPE Records manager & Transition folders they can use check in on send.

I have attached an image of the folders.

Any help most appreciated

Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Outlook Check in on send Issue -

I suspect that the transition folder is there but hidden.  Each user has a preferences folder (mine is : C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\OfficeIntegration).

If you set 'HideSentItemsFolder' to false and then close and re-open Outlookyou should see the transition folder.

If you are having issues with check in on send post some details of error messages or scenarios.

hidesent.PNG

Blog | Samples | CM SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. koubre Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

We've noticed that the transition folder doesn't always appear right away when you re-open Outlook.  Soemtimes you have to establish a connection between Outlook and Content Manager - either send an e-mail or put an e-mail into another linked folder in Outlook.  That will make the transition folder appear and any e-mails that were caught in the folder will start processing.

0 Likes
Anemone Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi David,

We just upgraded from RM 8.3 to CM 9.3.2.418 and some users got a box with a list of records when starting Outlook (see attached image). These files were in the Content Manager folder under Sent Items. However, they came across from the previous version (8.3) which we could tell by the prefix and the dates of the emails. We also checked CM and all of these emails were actually saved but for some reason the Content Manager folder didn’t clear out after the emails were sent and saved into RM/CM. Any ideas why emails get stuck in that folder even though they have been processed correctly. This happens in both versions (8.3 and 9.3).

Thank you

Anemone

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Is it all 'check in on send' items that do not get deleted in 9.3 or just some?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Anemone Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

It looks like it's all of them as some people had hundreds of emails in that folder. However, a lot of the emails have come across from v8.3 when we upgraded to 9.3..

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I just tested this on my system and I do not see any obvious cause for the emails not getting deleted. I set it up like this:

* create a check in style with the option 'delete after checkin' selected
* select the option to checkin sent items
* choose the check in style selected in the fist step.

When I did this all my sent mail was catalogued and then sent to my deleted items folder.

If the above steps do no work for you you might need to lodge a support call where we can investigate more thoroughly.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.