Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Jack_447 Contributor.
Contributor.

Post Upgrade to RM8.3, Event Server not started issue

Jump to solution

I've restarted the servers and also the service account has highest permissions as the same accounts works on another dataset and all processing works there, it is just the new dataset which is posing an issue below.

Any directions please .. below extract is from windows logs ..

The description for Event ID 100 from source TRIMEvent cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

[23347] Client machine: ATMP01XCV12; client user: N/A; database: IO
An unexpected exception has causes HPE Records Manager Event Processor to terminate. Error connecting to database 'IO' for processor 'Content Indexing'. The TRIMSERVICES account has incorrect profile settings and is not suitable for event processing. Please ensure security is set to 'highest' and all user permissions are enabled.. This error message will not be displayed again today.

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Note: Service Account has highest permissions as the other dataset works fine with no issues.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Post Upgrade to RM8.3, Event Server not started issue

Jump to solution

There was a change in 8.2 onwards that means you cannot use the network username 'TRIMSERVICES' to run the Workgroup Service anymore.

It needs to be a different network login, especially if you ever log into the system as the service account or have other components running using the service account.

Easiest way to fix this is to make sure you are using a different network login to run the Windows Serivces, e.g. 'HPRMServices', give it admin access in HPRM and Highest security.

Then run a schema repair and just tick the one box to repair/recreate the 'trimservices' account.

Restart the workgroup services and you'll be up and running.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
6 Replies
Jack_447 Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

This appears to be an issue due to potentially missing TRIMServices account.

At what stage is this created, during an upgrade or while registering the dataset on the server ? Can anyone confirm ?

Apart form creating it by running a repair on the database, Is there any other way to re-create that using some scripts ?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. AG_LTBit Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Morning Jack,

It does sound like the TRIMServices account doesn't have a valid location in the dataset.

I don't believe that this is created by any other mechanism (at least automatically) other than by running a repair. 
Script wise - you could probably put together a SQL query to add it direct to the dataset; but I wouldn't recommend that. I would stick to the repair. You can run it with only the account options checked.

AG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.ltbit.com.au
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The first error: TS should have no problem running the services as long as it is a local admin and has the rights to run services. Is the WG service running and is the event processor configured in the Enterprise studio to process events?

The second message: TRIMservices was changed in 8.3 to be a hidden account in the location list. It sounds like this might be part of the problem if you rely on TS being an active location. So if trimservices was used it might not be a valid location.

I believe that the errors are unrelated.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

There was a change in 8.2 onwards that means you cannot use the network username 'TRIMSERVICES' to run the Workgroup Service anymore.

It needs to be a different network login, especially if you ever log into the system as the service account or have other components running using the service account.

Easiest way to fix this is to make sure you are using a different network login to run the Windows Serivces, e.g. 'HPRMServices', give it admin access in HPRM and Highest security.

Then run a schema repair and just tick the one box to repair/recreate the 'trimservices' account.

Restart the workgroup services and you'll be up and running.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I've got several machines running TRIMservices as the service account from 8.2 to 8.3 it can definitley be done.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yeah, it can, but you will run into issues with it. 
I think it was around 8.3.0 that something changed and if you used 'trimservices' to run your services in Windows as well as run the schema repair to fix the 'trimservices' account, you can login and use the client still, but some other stuff breaks and doesn't function correctly.

Most people probably wont notice if they never try using HPRM as 'trimservices' beyond basic functionality like searching. :)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.