Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Problem Notice - HP TRIM 7.3.2.5511 - Schema upgrade fails on numeric additional fields

Hi all,

A problem has been identified with the recent release of HP TRIM 7.32.5511. 

Symptoms:

When using HP TRIM 7.3.2.5511 to perform a schema upgrade to 179 and the customer is using SQL Server, if data exists in any Integer, Decimal or Currency type Additional Fields the schema upgrade will fail with an error message similar to:

Error executing the SQL statement: 'INSERT INTO TSUDFNUMBE (uri,unvObjectType,unvObjectUri,unvFieldUri,unvFieldVal) SELECT uri, evFieldBobType, evObjectUri, evFieldUri, CAST(evFieldVal AS BIGINT) FROM TSEXFIELDV WHERE URI > 0 AND evFieldUri IN ( SELECT URI FROM TSEXFIELD WHERE exFieldFormat IN (1,11)) AND ISNUMERIC(evFieldVal)'

Cause:

The generated SQL statement is missing a required condition (i.e. “= 1”) for the expression ISNUMERIC(evFieldVal)

Workaround

The customer should first install HP TRIM 7.3.1 on the server and use this version to perform the database upgrade to Schema 179. Once the schema upgrade has completed, the server should be upgraded to HP TRIM 7.3.2.5511.

This issue is being fixed under QCCR2D47930.

A copy of this problem notice is attached.

(P.S. HP TRIM 7.3.2.5511 is expected to be available for download from HP SSO by approx. Tues 14th May 2013)

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Problem Notice - HP TRIM 7.3.2.5511 - Schema upgrade fails on numeric additional fields

Thanks Neil.

I have no idea why the release couldn't be held off to fix this. This sort of stuff does nothing to improve the confidence of the customer base.

Will you make a patch script available through SSO? Or will a double upgrade be the only way?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Problem Notice - HP TRIM 7.3.2.5511 - Schema upgrade fails on numeric additional fields

alexw_1 wrote:

Thanks Neil.

I have no idea why the release couldn't be held off to fix this. This sort of stuff does nothing to improve the confidence of the customer base.

Will you make a patch script available through SSO? Or will a double upgrade be the only way?

It's a long story. HP recently changed the internal process by which any software gets published to SSO. It's taken almost 3 weeks to finally get 7.3.2.5511 published after it was "ready" for release. Because the TRIM development team anticipated this, they made it available via an FTP site so that any customers (that we were aware of) who were eagerly awaiting its release could get hold of it straight away.

This particular bug had somehow made it past internal QA and was found by a customer after it was released (not a totally unprecedented scenario I dare say). Because the publishing process had already been put in motion, and it had been distributed to a number of customers, this bug wasn't considered serious enough to warrant pulling it from release.

So if you're planning to upgrade right now to this release, yes you will need to use 7.3.1 (or 7.3.0) to perform the schema upgrade and then upgrade the server to 7.3.2.5511. The reality is it's really only a 10 minute job to upgrade 7.3.1 to 7.3.2 on the TRIM server that was used to run the schema upgrade.

As for whether there'll be a patch release available soon (hopefully by the end of this week) with this particular bug fixed, I really wouldn't be allowed to say, even if i knew ;-). If there was, I assume it'd take weeks again to get it published on SSO, so they'd probably make it available via an FTP site in the first instance, the details of which are unlikely to be published here. If you're particularly keen to get hold of any 7.3.2 patch release that may or may not be available around the end of this week to fix this schema upgrade bug, send me an e-mail neil.summers@hp.com and I'll send you the FTP details if and when this happens.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The patch for this patch is now available on SSO.

Thanks for sorting this out so quickly!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.