Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
chopsuix Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

RM 8.1 Saving 50 specific records as their own Saved Search

Jump to solution

I have 50 specific records that I want to recall at a later date.  I have added them all to my Work Tray so that I can work on them. Is there a way to save them as their own save search so that others on my team can pull up the same list? I can save the worktray as a saved search but that only saves the Work tray as a saved search, not the specific 50 records in them. The only way I can think of is to manually add each record # to a saved search but that takes forever.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: RM 8.1 Saving 50 specific records as their own Saved Search

Jump to solution

Can you tag all records and Send To a Reference (TR5) file? Then you, or anyone with the TR5 file and TRIM access, can get those records back at any time (so long as they have appropriate permissions to those records).

5 Replies
Quinton Bernhardt Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

One method to ad-hoc associate records together is by using user-labels.  By default if you create a user label it is only visible to you - but you can maintain user labels at a parent location level; which can then be shared by all locations that are a member of that parent location.

So if your team members have a common parent location you can perform the following steps:

1.  Identity the parent location (eg.  "Finance Department")

2. Righ-click/Maintain User Labels on that location and create a label eg: "Record Collection 1"

3. Select all your 50 records in your work tray and right-click/send to/User Label.
     This will attach the label "Record Collection 1" to all 50 records.

4.  Any member in your team can now go to the Seach ribbon - click on User Labels.  Select "Record Collection 1" and press Crtl-R (Show Records) to view the list.

This should work... according to the documentation anyway :)

Regards,
Quinton Bernhardt
Meniko Records Management Services
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the detailed response! Unfortunately, our organization doesn't use the Locations functionality in HPRM and so this solution doesn't work.

Thanks anyways 

0 Likes
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Can you tag all records and Send To a Reference (TR5) file? Then you, or anyone with the TR5 file and TRIM access, can get those records back at any time (so long as they have appropriate permissions to those records).

Frequent Contributor.. kghank1 Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

I saw this Q is a couple of weeks old so I may be too late - we had a similar issue with groups of records from our various warehouses and while our solution isn't a Saved Search, we found it works similarly and it beats having to manually add records.  

Instead of a Saved Search, we opted to build a Custom Property (we called it Work Order#) that we can use for any of our record types.  When a warehouse finds a group of records relevant to a project, boxes needing research, etc. - they place the records in their work tray (similar to your description), then use Tag All>Details>Custom Properties, and assign the records a Work Order number (ex: Litigation ABC123).  Once the work order# is assigned, any of our other warehouses can perform a Find Records search, enter the Work Order#, and will see the same group of records.  Once the project/research is complete, we remove the Work Order# from the records.

Again, it's not a Saved Search, but it might work for you.

Good luck and have a great day. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

This is the closest thing I found that works. I can tag all 50 files, send to a reference file, open the reference file and save that as a saved search.

thanks a lot!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.