Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. CAHS RC Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

RM 8.3 ribbon reverting to old settings

We've had a handful of users have their ribbon revert to old settings, with different buttons and menu layouts. As far as I can tell, it's happened after they got a connection error that asked if they wanted to work in offline mode, where not knowing any better they said yes, and the next time they start RM they get the old ribbon. I think the old ribbon is the version that existed before I started, but it definitely bears no relation to the current state of affairs. The odd thing is that getting global settings fixes the ribbon for them, so the settings aren't out of whack or anything like that. I've no idea where the old ribbon layout is coming from - does RM install with a default layout?

0 Likes
5 Replies
TOTinWA Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: RM 8.3 ribbon reverting to old settings

CAHS RC,
You will always get the Work Offline menu options... if you select Work Online it will revert back to your global menu options.

clipboard_image_0.png 

clipboard_image_1.png

Cheers, TOT

0 Likes
TOTinWA Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

CAHS RC,
Actually, the first time that you go back 'Online' it probably picks up old settings that were stored in the cache... if you close RM8 and open it a second time it will pick up the new global menu options.
TOT
0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case, the old settings persist even after restarting multiple times, rebooting the PC, etc. The only way I've found to get the current ribbon back is to get global. The problem is that if we have a network wobble and clients get that "do you want to work offline" message, a percentage will always choose the wrong option as that don't understand what they're being asked, and it messes up their ribbon.
I'm curious as to where the old settings are cached, and why.
0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. Miss4or Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Your previous version's ribbon config should be stored at "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\DatasetID\Configuration
Both "Appdata" and "Configuration" are hidden folders. Pretty sure the .cfg you are after are the ribbon_mdi.cfg and ribbon_Sdi.cfg
Regular Contributor..

Thanks, Miss4or, that's just what I was looking for. Not sure what I can do about it, but at least it makes sense.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.