Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

RM8.1.07240 Error Message

Hi All

I am currently testing the Web Client of RM 8.1.07240 - when I try to create a new record type Folder, the Retention Schedule field does not populate automatically and then when I click save I get an Error "Record creation failed:Unable to bind request" anyone know what this means?  When I create a folder via the desktop the Retention Schedule field is populated (as this is taken from the Classification Scheme) and the folder saves.  Logged in as the same user for both environments.

Thanks

Shelley

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: RM8.1.07240 Error Message

If you type the text 'all' (without the quotes) in the Retention Field do you get a list of Retention Schedules?

Blog | Samples | CM SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Shelley,

This is a known issue: QCCR2D52742

Adam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

It wont even let me click on the field to type all - 😞

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

So does this mean then that in this release users cannot create new Folders I have just tried to upload a document and got the attached message....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Your error looks unrelated to the initial question in this thread.

Your hprmServiceAPI.config file should contain the base upload path (see below).  Make sure this path exists on the server and that the Application Pool user has write access to it.

<hptrim	poolSize="1000" 
		notFoundErrorHandler="/APIErrorPages/NotFound" 
        globalErrorHandler="/APIErrorPages/GlobalErrors" 
	uploadBasePath="C:\HP Records Manager\ServiceAPIWorkpath\Uploads"
    autoPoolClean="true" serviceFeatures="Html,Json,Razor"

Blog | Samples | CM SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I'm looking into the same issue.

I've checked the hprmServiceAPI.config file which points to "uploadsBasePath="D:\HP Records Manager\ServiceAPIWorkpath\Uploads".  I've confirmed that the Domain based account used for the

HPRMWebClient

HPRMWebClientClassic

Application Pools have Full access to the ServiceAPIWorkpath\Uploads folder.

I've looked at the IIS logs and cannot see any errors.

Is there somethign else I should be checking?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.