TOTinWA Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

RM8 Web Client Search Options

Jump to solution

Within RM8 Web Client is there a way of setting the Search Options: Include records with the 'alternatively within' relationship to ON?

My client has this option turned on for their desktop, but unable to see 'alternatively within' relationships via web client.

Cheers, TOT 

Version 8.3.0.9365

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: RM8 Web Client Search Options

Jump to solution

There's no option like that in the Web client, you have to modify the search form to have alternatively container 

GIve that a try from my previous post

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

In the RM full client, HPE Content Manager Administrators can create many Search Forms that become available for you to use in the Web Client to search for HPE Content Manager objects. As the list of available Search Forms could become quite large, you can create your own list of Favourite Search Forms for each object type to make searching for items using Search Forms an easier task.

Adding a Search Form to the Favourites

To create the list of Favourite Search Forms that are available on the Search Form drop-down list:
1. From the global Search panel, select the HPE Content Manager object type, e.g. Records, Locations, User Labels.
2. From the Search Forms drop-down list and click View Search Forms.

The Search Forms page appears.
3. Click All Search Forms, this will search for and display all available Search Forms.
4. Click on the Search Form to be added to the Favourites list, click Add to Favourites

This Search Form will now be available in the Favourites list on the Search Forms page, but will also be available from the Search Forms drop-down list for its HPE Content Manager object type.

If you have a number of Favourite Search Form, the list of searches available from the Search Form drop-down list may be long. This list can be sorted to display the Search Forms in order of your frequently used searches.

To sort this list:
1. From the global Search panel, select the HPE Content Manager object type, e.g. Records, Locations, User Labels.
2. Click the Search Forms drop-down list and then left-click and hold the name of the Search Form whose location in the list is to be moved up or down.
3. Drag the Search Form to the required list position and then release the mouse button.
4. Repeat until this list is in the required order.

Note: the first Search Form on this list will be the Search Form that is displayed when you click Open

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
TOTinWA Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Greg,

Thank you for your response, but I don't think that you have understood my question.

In the 'Thick' client (RM8) the option: 
When displaying the contents of a folder: 'Include records with the 'alternatively within relationship’ has been selected.

Although, in Web Client you are not able to set this option.  

In the container there are 4 records displaying in the 'Thick' client (RM8) but only the 2 ‘contained’ records display in the Web Client, not the 2 ‘alternatively within’ records.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

There's no option like that in the Web client, you have to modify the search form to have alternatively container 

GIve that a try from my previous post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.