Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Render processing error "Failed to set printer driver text overlay options"

Jump to solution

I am playing around with a server that runs WGS/Client and Rendering.

At this stage I have rendering set to "On Demand Only".

Whenever I try to render an object (as either TIFF/PDF) I will get the following errors in the TRIMRender logs:

|PrintOnstreamWaitForPrintJob() returned PrintOnstreamError_LockTimeout
|PrintOnstreamJobProgress() returned [Progress: PrintOnstreamError_NoError][Phase: PrintOnstreamStatus_unknownStatus][Last error: PrintOnstreamError_CPSUI_UnableToStartJob]
|Error: Failed to set printer driver text overlay options. Print job timeout. Timeout(s): 60.

The only file type that actually works is "PDF".

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Render processing error "Failed to set printer driver text overlay options"

Jump to solution

Here is the Solution for those interested:

The Onstream Printer components that runs the Render components did not have the correct version applied. Specifically, I checked:

• C:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\Content Manager\PrintOnstreamAPI.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Onstream PrintOnstream\PrintOnstream.exe

(For 9.1.5 the version number for each should be 3.5.3.15374)

As part of the patching process from 9.1 to 9.1.5, the following command must be run, using Command Line as an Administrator:

C:\[TEMP FOLDER]\OnstreamPrinterFiles_x64.msi /l*vx Onstream.txt

[TEMP FOLDER] being a location you extract the MSI to, from the installation media (in the 64BitInstalls folder).

A secondary observation was that the presence of Microsoft Office at the Server Level was causing the same type of error message (even when patched). However, I believe this won't be an issue for the majority, as Office is rarely installed in Windows Server.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Sten,

Not really enough to go on here, would be best if we could work off the logs. Have you logged a suporrt case for this one yet?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Greg

Will be raising a case shortly. Sanitised log files attached if you're interested.

I've been able to replicate this on 2 separate environments/servers so far, both Windows 2012 R2. One of them "out the box" with Demo DB, permissions set correctly and I still hit a wall!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Here is the Solution for those interested:

The Onstream Printer components that runs the Render components did not have the correct version applied. Specifically, I checked:

• C:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\Content Manager\PrintOnstreamAPI.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Onstream PrintOnstream\PrintOnstream.exe

(For 9.1.5 the version number for each should be 3.5.3.15374)

As part of the patching process from 9.1 to 9.1.5, the following command must be run, using Command Line as an Administrator:

C:\[TEMP FOLDER]\OnstreamPrinterFiles_x64.msi /l*vx Onstream.txt

[TEMP FOLDER] being a location you extract the MSI to, from the installation media (in the 64BitInstalls folder).

A secondary observation was that the presence of Microsoft Office at the Server Level was causing the same type of error message (even when patched). However, I believe this won't be an issue for the majority, as Office is rarely installed in Windows Server.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.