Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Render reports to pdf instead of html in 9.4 web client?

I'm using Content Manager Web Client 9.4.1, and would like the reports to be rendered as PDFs instead of HTML.  Is there a way to do this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Web client can only produce reports in HTML format.

You would either need to use the full client to produce the report or you could save the HTML and convert to PDF in Windows

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Drats.  Are you sure? It seems incongruent now a days not be able to have a web site produce PDFs of reports. In fact the PrintToHTML portion of the url seems to indicate that other formats (like PrintToPDF ) might be possible:  http://.../ContentManager/ServiceApi/Report/104/PrintToHTML?q=39 

So I tried it, but alas that didn't work.

The HTML rendering of some of the reports is considerably untidy or does not closely resemble the PDF output from the desktop app-- if it did, then we wouldn't have a desire for the PDF version.  So PDF'ing the unappealing HTML rendering of the report isn't going to do anything for us.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello,

Yes there is a way. When you create the report in the desktop client, you determine what the default printer that will be used to generate the report will be. You can change that to a .pdf printer if you want. I have done this on my environment.

Gwen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.