Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
englandkaye Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Report on linked folders - Outlook to HPE Records Manager

Hi,

In TRIM 7.3 I used to be able to run a report of the document queues - specifically users that had linked folders between Outlook and TRIM.

We have gone to HPE Records Manager 8.3 and now I can no longer run the document queue report for Outlook linked folders.

Can anyone suggest how I might be able to get such a report.  E.g. I would like to know all of the users who have linked folders between Outlook and RM; the Record Number of the linked folder; Title of the folder.

Thanks,

Kaye

0 Likes
11 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Report on linked folders - Outlook to HPE Records Manager

As an admin can you view the linked folders in the document queues list? It would under manage tab > document queues 

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Tamara Hoagland Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

@Greg Fraser_1 wrote:

As an admin can you view the linked folders in the document queues list? It would under manage tab > document queues 

Greg,

I agree with you and englandkaye that the functionality used to be there, but also am unable to get the display of Linked Folders in the Document Queues list within Content Manager 9.x.

Regards,

Tamara

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Hi Greg,

No it doesn't work anymore - you used to be able to see them in 7.3 but since we have gone to 8.3 it only shows Windows folders that are linked - not Outlook folders.

Would love to know if there was another way to see the linked Outlook folders.

Thanks,

Kaye

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

OK, let me take a look and I'll confirm what the status is in the latest release - 9.1 as well

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hey, I'm just trying to figure out some details about this one, can you guys provide details about how you were running the report in 7.3. I ran some testing here and wasn't able to send them to print report.

If you can include the version you are running too.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Hi Greg,

You couldn't do a Print Report so I would go to Manager - Document Queues - and set up the columns to display the headings:

• Outlook/Trim linked folder
  • TRIM container no.
  • Machine
  • Microsoft Register ID

I would then 'tag all' - copy - and then paste into an excel spreadsheet.

The running of the report was particularly useful for audit purposes and also as a safe guard when doing an upgrade.  We are currently on 8.3.0.9088.

Thanks,

Kaye

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Sounds like what we need to check with R&D is if the ability to search on all linked folders can be added back to the client so to allow tag all.

It would most likely be considered an enhancement request but I will confirm.

Valued Contributor.

Thanks Greg - greatly appreciated.

Kaye

0 Likes
Radhika Sivanandan Contributor.
Contributor.

Is it fixed? I'm still not finding the shared outlook mailbox folders in HPE content manger 9.1 document queues. The mailbox was migrated from Lotus Notes to Outlook sometime back and since then the share outlook mailbox folder is not listed in the document queues

0 Likes
Kengland Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Radhika,

We are now on 9.2 and you can now do a very easy search on everyone who has a linked folder with Outlook.  Go to the Manage tab and click on Check In Styles and it lists all of the links of all users between Outlook and CM.  

Thanks,

Kaye

0 Likes
Radhika Sivanandan Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks Kaye,

I see the 'Linked Folders' is empty, probably lost after the LN to Outlook Migration not sure though? Is there a way to re-link the outlook folders location (shared mailbox) to TRIM? Any user guide to refer?

Note: Individual mailbox 'accessible only from the computer' works with the document queue processing.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.