Highlighted
Absent Member.. Sandy Ewart Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Retention Schedule Triggers

Jump to solution

Our users are trying to test Retention Schedules on there test system - but not having much success.

They have set a Retention Schedule with 2 triggers - one with a make Inactive type ( after a date held in an Additional Field ) and the other Local Archive (based on 1 month after Inactive date).

The retention Schedule is applied to a Folder ( which contained severla document records).

Additional Field value had a date entered ( date in 2009 ) , but nothing appears to have happended - records are still set as Active with no Inactive date set.

I've tried the Recalulate Triggers option for the Retention Schedule , but still having no joy - are we missing some fundamental understanding of how this should be configured/works?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EWillsey Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Retention Schedule Triggers

Jump to solution

Yes, application of disposition changes is a manual process in TRIM.  The idea here is that a records manager, or record management liason officer, reviews the records with the business unit before the disposition change occurs.

That being said, I've scripted the automatic disposition change from active to inactive for a few places.  That's the most I would recommend you script.... anything else gets into a very dangerous area.

Cheers,

Erik

---------
Erik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sander Hoogwerf Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Do you have the event server processing the schedule event triggers?

If so, then you should be able to search for retention schedules within the desired date period, so that you can manually change the disposition.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sandy Ewart Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

We do have the Schedule Event Triggers process running - I think both the users and ourselves were expecting some automation to be present ie. the trigger firing and actually setting the Inactive date.

Can we assume that every step of Retention steps are a manual process - requiring to search for records matching the event and then manually setting next Disposition status, etc. ?

0 Likes
EWillsey Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yes, application of disposition changes is a manual process in TRIM.  The idea here is that a records manager, or record management liason officer, reviews the records with the business unit before the disposition change occurs.

That being said, I've scripted the automatic disposition change from active to inactive for a few places.  That's the most I would recommend you script.... anything else gets into a very dangerous area.

Cheers,

Erik

---------
Erik

View solution in original post

Visitor.. deidret
Visitor..

Jump to solution

Hello -

Is this the case in versions 9.1 and 9.3 as well?

We also thought the triggers would fire automatically when the record passed the specified time beyond Date Closed, but it has not worked in our test environment (9.3). It does not seem practical to change everything manually when you could be talking about very large record sets that will be closed over the course of many years. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.