Highlighted
SG76 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Retention schedules to archive boxes

We are in the process of archiving our old hardcopy subject files.

We have been applying retention schedules to the files before we box them up.

When we created a box in TRIM 7.3 and moved the files into the box the box would then inherit the highest retention.

Now in Content Manager 9.1 (also in RM8) when we move the files to the box it does not inherit the highest retention and we have to manually enter it.

Is there a setting that may have changed or something we can change to fix this.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Outstanding Contributor.. Ralph_Furino Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Retention schedules to archive boxes

I noticed the same problem while using HPE CM 9.2 9629 Patch 1.

If the container has a dispose after 1 year retention after date closed assigned, and the contained files most severe retention is dispose 6 years after date closed, the disposal date of the container is still 1 year after date closed. It seems that the container is NOT inheriting the schedule of the contained files.

This senario also has the same result when the container has no retention assigned and the contained files most severe retention is dispose 6 years after date closed. The container displays 'Waiting on Trigger' for the disposal.

I remeber in 7.3 the container would inherit the contained records most severe retenion. (I'm with you!)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.