Highlighted
Columbine
New Member.

Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

I  was using MF CM9.2 and CM9.1 with VBA working the TRIMSDK, connecting to the database well.

When our 9.2 version upgraded to 9.3 and we installed the new TRIMSDK, my code stopped working and is producing an error Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object - which appears to be a Microsoft Issue. 

Has anyone experienced this? Then, did you find a fix?

The code on 9.1 still works, but not on 9.3.

I currently have:

Global oDb As New TRIMSDK.Database

Set oDb = New TRIMSDK.Database    ' error here

oDb.ID = stDataSet   ' string declared elsewhere

oDb.Connect

I get the error code at Line 2.  Seems to me I need to make some changes to the initial connection calls , from implicit to explicit, according to  https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/828550/you-receive-run-time-error-429-when-you-automate-office-applications

I'm not sure how to call the Application.

Looking forward to your assistance.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Jamie Smith Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

Have your registered the COM SDK DLL (trimsdk.dll) ?  This is not done by the installer for newer versions of TRIM and needs to be done manually .  I can't remember which version introduced this change.  It was 9.1 or 9.2.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It might be related to the fact that the installer in 93 no longer registers the COM SDK.  It is still shipped but you need to register it yourself.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Columbine
New Member.

David, Thank you for the quick response. Our administrator made us aware of that and in the deployment, they said they were able to code it in via SQL, I was then able to find the new reference. I did contact the administrator who initiated the SQLcall who confirmed the location. . Is it possible the registration didn't work well, or is the fact I can see the TRIMSDK.dll indicative of a successful install?
0 Likes
Columbine
New Member.

Thank you for the response Jamie, I believe the correct SDK for 9.3 was registered manually as I was able to change the reference from 'Missing'.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. Greg Armstrong Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

I have seen this with other applications in my past. This may be related to what I just posted a few minutes ago. If it is using FileSystemObject which has been disabled you could get an error like this. To see if Scripting Runtime dll has been disabled check the following: Locate the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0D43FE01-F093-11CF-8940-00A0C9054228} registry key. If the key exist, the File System Object component is enabled and is not your problem.

To test you can run (from admin command-prompt "regsvr32 scrrun.dll" to see if problem persists). Don't forget to disable the dll once again once you are done testing so you don't make your security folks upset with you. Simply run Regsvr32 scrrun.dll /u to disable it once again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.