Honored Contributor.. Shelley McMenam Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Saving Emails 8.3

Jump to solution

Hi

We use 8.3 and MS Outlook, I have one team that saves emails as msg onto the share drive and then drag and drop it over to HPE RM.  the reason for this is that they are saving it with the file naming conventions and may not upload it straight away.  They have found that rather than using the file name they have saved the email as, HPE RM still takes the subject line of the email and uses that in the Title (Free Text Part) of the document, is there a way around this. 

Regards

Shelley

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Steve Macukat Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Saving Emails 8.3

Jump to solution
Hi Shelley we've had this issue in RM8.2 and RM8.3. In a previous version it didn't capture the email properties but only grabbed the date the file was saved and the file name. Now it gets the author and sent date so that is an improvement.

You could recommend the user's double click the subject in Outlook and change that. You should get the same title then in RM, Outlook and the file system.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I would think that what is happening is they have renamed the file (title.msg to newtitle.msg). RM is still picking up the title from the metadata, which is always Subject from an email.

They way around might be to change the auto profiling settings when registering a record. It is a system options though, so it will affect all new records.

auto pro.png

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

I already have that option unticked, which is why I am stumped as to why HPE RM is doing this.

Cheers

Shelley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Steve Macukat Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hi Shelley we've had this issue in RM8.2 and RM8.3. In a previous version it didn't capture the email properties but only grabbed the date the file was saved and the file name. Now it gets the author and sent date so that is an improvement.

You could recommend the user's double click the subject in Outlook and change that. You should get the same title then in RM, Outlook and the file system.
0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Steve that works 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.