Highlighted
gbegnell
New Member.

Searching all access control levels

I am trying to search all access control levels and wanting to build a string that does not involve doing each level of access controls separately (e.g.  acl:"View Document",[type:Person] or  acl:"View Metadata",[type:Person] or  acl:"Update Document",[type:Person] or  acl:"Update Record Metadata",[type:Person] or  acl:"Modify Record Access",[type:Person] or  acl:"Destroy Record",[type:Person] or  acl:"Contribute Contents",[type:Person])

Is there any way of combining all of these (e.g.  or  acl:"ALL",[type:Person])

thank you

Gay

0 Likes
2 Replies
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Searching all access control levels

I wasn't able to find a string that worked.

You could consider saving your Access Control search as a Saved Search e.g. "All ACLs - Person Locations".

Then, you'll only need to run the 1 Saved Search going forward, which could also be combined with other search clauses, e.g. dates, other locations etc.

0 Likes
gbegnell
New Member.

Re: Searching all access control levels

Thanks, I have already got the full search saved, however I am looking for a shorter option to use for other variations on the "Person" search.
We have users that set access controls at differing levels and being able to search all levels in one string with a different parameter would be handy
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.