Shelley Mac Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Security Access set to Everyone

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone

This may be a stupid question, but I was always of the understanding that if Everyone was selected on the security access controls then EVERYONE who has access to HPE RM can access that record.  Someone has told me that is not the case, but when Everyone is selected only everyone in their "group" can see the record?

Surely Everyone means all users of HPE RM with a valid login???

Thanks

Shell

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Security Access set to Everyone

Jump to solution

You are both somewhat correct.  Everyone does mean everyone but it does not mean everyone can see the Record.  It means that as far as the ACL is concerned everyone can see the Record.  There are other things that effect whether a user can see a Record, for example Security Caveats, Security Level and Excluded Locations.  There may be other things which modify the ACL but they do not come to mind ATM.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Security Access set to Everyone

Jump to solution

You are both somewhat correct.  Everyone does mean everyone but it does not mean everyone can see the Record.  It means that as far as the ACL is concerned everyone can see the Record.  There are other things that effect whether a user can see a Record, for example Security Caveats, Security Level and Excluded Locations.  There may be other things which modify the ACL but they do not come to mind ATM.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.