Security / TR5 Link Issue
CM 9.2 / Windows 7 / Office 2013
This may be something not CM-related, but I thought I'd eliminate the possibilities.
I have a single generic user login used by our group of volunteers. The User type is Inquiry User and the security level is set at "Volunteer", which is our lowest level of security and keeps them out of any corporate records, but still allows them to view their rosters, which are also set at "Volunteer" level security.
The vollies are able to open CM and see their rosters as expected, until we create a TR5 link to any roster document and put it on the desktop. When they click the TR5 link to open the roster in CM, they are unable to see any of the records they are entitled to see. Closing out of CM and going back in,or logging off / shutting down the PC has no effect. I've tried removing the dataset and re-adding it to see if that makes any difference - no luck.
Has anyone seen this?
Hi, I can't be sure of what the issue is but you could try opening the TR5 in a text editor (notepad will do) to see what is in there - It may give a clue?
Thanks for the reply 🙂 I'm not seeing anything odd when I open the link in Notepad. We'll try a CM reinstall and have a look at the user's roaming profile to see if it's forgetting some settings.
I've seen a similar thing happen in RM8.3 (SQL Server not Oracle...).
This is unlikely to be what is happening to you but I'll explain our issue and resolution JIC:
We set up a [location] group to manage access to certain records.
Records were then locked down (using Access Controls) to that group of staff.
When the staff member attempted to navigate through the BCS to the records or use a TR5 to go directly to them they received the 'no records found message'.
When they type the number in directly it worked fine.
We found the issue to be related to the original location group where we used the staff members position in the group rather than the 'person' themselves. The staff member was associated to the position and should have worked but...
Simply associating the person directly to the location assigned to the access controls worked.
This works fine in our 8.3 Oracle DB... go figure!
Thanks for responding, Strider.
I've had a go at testing by assigning the security level and user type directly to the Volunteer user account and then by having it take it's rights from a Position, but no luck either way as yet.
Due to the way the Classification Scheme is set up, the volunteers can't see any of the structure anyway, but until it all went pear-shaped, they could always successfully retrieve their records by Record Number or Title Word. After the fatal TR5 link was clicked, they get the "no records found" message even when searching by number or title word.