Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sending TRIM Record with Annotations

We are trialling the TRIM Annotation tool for our Field notes. Once an annotation (stamp) is added to the Field note and saved back into TRIM, this needs to be sent via email to an external customer. The issue is, that the record does not have the annotation attached it it when it is received via email.

Please tell me there is a fix for this otherwise it is really pointless in us using it for this process.

(Screen shot attached for information)

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Kim,

The annotations are added to a TIF image in TRIM using Onstream Trapeze technology. I suspect if you're not viewing the same document using Onstream Trapeze (via TRIM or otherwise), you won't see the annotations. Have you considered using the TRIM Render module to automatically produce PDF's, so you can send the PDF to customers?

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

So you are saying that to view the annotation, we can only view it using Onstream Trapeze Technology? I am not familiar with the TRIM render module. We use revisions in TRIM for electronic documents but not TRIM Render.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I have looked at the Redact option in TRIM which allows us to email the document with the stamp on it but it is a pity it creates a new record.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Although in a way it works, that's not what the redaction facility's designed for. For more information about the Rendering module go to:

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/w1/en/software/information-management-trim.html

Under "Data Sheets" there's one on the HP TRIM Rendering module.

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.