Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Serialization lock when trying to delete

Hi all,

I'm encountering a problem while trying to delete records.  I am using HP TRIM 7.3.3 Build 5645

On Monday this week I began the process of removing a few thousand records that are to be re-imported later (the records to be deleted are trial/test records, with the actual import to be run once they have been removed).  However, every few records or so, the deletion process will time-out and generate an error, which reads:

A request to the HP TRIM Workgroup Server <servername> failed:

Function request (Execute Transaction) for HP TRIM Workgroup Server <servername>

failed.  Workgroup Error.  The transaction took too long and timed out.

I am given the option of Try Again, Cancel, or Help.  Cancel will skip over the record (leaving it un-deleted), while Try Again will invariably result in the same message (with only an OK option) and the record remaining un-deleted.

In some infrequent instances, I am alerted to a Word Index Serialization Lock with a timer count.  If it gets to 300 seconds (which happens more often than not), it will fail and I get the message above.

We have also been having issues with our Title Word Index process stopping due to 'currupt' records - this has occurred 4/5 times in the last couple of months - and I believe the two may be related (due to the mention of Word Index in the error message).  However, I do not know why some records can be deleted and others cannot.

Cheers,

Michael

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Serialization lock when trying to delete

Is there anything that makes the offending record different? The status, container or security?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Serialization lock when trying to delete

Not that I can see.   They all have the same security, and many are containers so don't exist within another container.

Michael

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.