Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

SharePoint 2016 and HP Content Manager 9.1 Integration

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to configure integration between SharePoint and HP Content Manager 9.1. I am configuring using the HPE Content Manager SharePoint Integration Wizard. I am stuck at the following step and it wuold not progress:

"Add Service identities as administrators in HPE Content Manager

For contingency reasons, locations that are responsible for manageing user logins cannot modify aspects of their own login profile.

I am trying to prove a proof of concept, so using a single admin accout to make configuration changes and suspect this could be the issue. I tried to remove the permission from the "HPE Content Manager > Search > Internal Location> User> and under Profile I can see the following item "Modify logins and user profiles" and this is ticket, I have a funny feeling it is related to this. 

Can I get some help please?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: SharePoint 2016 and HP Content Manager 9.1 Integration

Error message is  normal; within HPE CM, an Administrator cannot change their own permissions (essentially to prevent them from accidentally locking themselves out).

Haven't touched the SP integration in a while but I believe you will need multiple service accounts, even when standing up a POC:

1. The HPE CM Service Account (required to act as the Installing User. You should already have this, this is the service account required to run HPE CM Services)
  2. A Job Processing Service Account (used to run the “HPE Content Manager SharePoint Service” Windows service.).
  3. An Application Pool Service Account (required to be used as the identity of the application pool that will run the IIS site created by the installer).

I also believe all accounts need to be granted impersonation rights in Enterprise Studio.

The HPE Content Manager Governance and Compliance SharePoint App: Installation Guide included on the HPE CM installation media will have further detail on the accounts/permissions required.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor..
Visitor..

Re: SharePoint 2016 and HP Content Manager 9.1 Integration

Hi there,

The reason you getting this error message is because the user running the wizard is trying is to update his or her  own profile in HPCM, which by defualt not allowed. To work around this issue you need to make sure to use another account to run the wizard or use a account  other than the logged in user as the administrator of the integration.

Hope it helps!!!!

Rad

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.