Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
khop Contributor.
Contributor.

Show alternate contents button in CM 9.3

Following a recent upgrade to Content Manager 9.3 from TRIM 7.3, users have noticed a change when looking up the related records of a record.  When they open the Properties of a record and click on the Related records tab, the related records are not immediately shown.  Instead, they're informed of how many relationships exist and that the user must click the Show Alternate Contents button to load them.  I'm sure there's a good reason why it's being done this way, but I'm being asked if there's a way to automatically load the relationships and avoid the additional click of the Show alternate contents button.  Is there a setting that controls that behavior?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Quinton Bernhardt Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Show alternate contents button in CM 9.3

I don't know of a way to automatically list 'Alternatively Contains' records in the related records TAB.

But by selecting the user option below, the alternative contents will be displayed as though they were contained i.e. the record will have a '+' icon in the search pane and you can expand directly to the alternative contents without having to go to the related records TAB.

clipboard_image_0.png

Regards,
Quinton Bernhardt
Meniko Records Management Services
0 Likes
khop Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Show alternate contents button in CM 9.3

Thanks, Quinton.  We do have that option turned on which helps display the alternate contents.  In this case though, the user is going to the related records tab to add or update the relationships.  It appears this issue can be readily solved by the user modifying their own behavior in lieu of being able to change a system setting.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.