Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. AndrewV68 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Slow Title Word Searching in CM9.3 P1

Users are experiencing issues with slow title word searching approx every fortnight. The issue seems to be long running queries on the SQL box using the majority of the CPU .

Not being a DB guru is there a reason why these long running queries remain. Is there a script that can remove the long term query after a certain time to ensure they do not take up CPU resources

Is there any information out there that I can pass on to our DB folks

Thanks

Andrew 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Super Contributor.. davros29 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Slow Title Word Searching in CM9.3 P1

Hi, Andrew. Are you using the security filter function? That has been known to cause performance issues in SQL Server when the user is running a search that's going to return a lot of results (think it was fixed in later versions of TRIM). Have you tried turning it off? Security still works the same, it just constructs the query differently.

security-filter-function.png

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. AndrewV68 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: Slow Title Word Searching in CM9.3 P1

Thanks for that - I will send to our vendor as I no longer have access to TES 😞

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.