FlinBin Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Staff Files using Client / Matter Record Types

Has anyone used the Client / Matter Record Types for managing staff files. If so, could you pass me some info on how you structured it?

Also, what is the advantage of client/matter model over the regular folder/ auto sub-folder model?

thanks in advance,

Flin

4 Replies
Jan iCognition Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Staff Files using Client / Matter Record Types

I believe Client/Matter files are intended to fill a requirement in the legal profession - they organise their records slightly differently.

If you have a look in the TRIM help files (question mark in the top right) there is a lot of info on how Client/Matter records work - I don't think there is any advantage using them unless you have specific legal requirements...

What sort of staff files are you thinking of managing?

0 Likes
FlinBin Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

By staff files i meant personal files relating to their employment at the organisation.

i was thinking of creating a client record for each staff  - which captures name, staff ID, Date of Birth (for retention).

Each client can have matter record with auto sub folders for each job he holds. The sub-folders can be like Contract variations/ Leave /Onboarding etc.

Am i making any sense?

Harry-Koppanyi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

FlinBin, glad to see thinking outside the traditional usage. This Client - Matter structure is a concept which you can use for any Master Detail type relation. In latest releases such as CM9.1 this model is further improved.

This concept is nothing new, you could do something similar using Master Folder (employee) with metadata on the folder and create subfolders representing your Org standard sub folders for the staff. Similar to this concept is use of Schedules and Classification to create Product or Asset Catalog, where schedule represents the expiry and Classification represents the product or the Asset. 

I am glad to see your thinking and fresh approach.

Cheers,
Harry
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can auto generate a folder structure without using Client/Matter folders.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.