EWillsey Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Subscribing to the General Board

Jump to solution

Why can't you subscribe to the General Board?  The option exists for all other boards, just not this one.

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rhys D Jones Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Subscribing to the General Board

Jump to solution

Oooh right email subscription! Yes you can do that, the option is just above the RSS Subscription option... though it doesn't really call out Email all that well:

Then once you've subscribed go to your Profile settings and under "Subscriptions & Bookmarks" you can edit the details:

4i6AEDF95650FDC942

9 Replies
Terry Seiver Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I know that this is off topic, but the RSS feeds work very well!!!

Awesome   :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hey Erik, can you give it another go for me? It should have the option to subscribe via RSS now.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

It had the subscribe via RSS before, but I want the "subscribe" feature like the others have (where it sends an email).  Is that possible?

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If you are using IE7 or Firefox you should see the orange RSS logo active. You can use that to subscribe even if it is not on the OPTIONS list.

-
Michael Procopio
LinkedIn.com/in/Michael Procopio
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I don't want RSS.  I want email notifications, like I get with all of the other boards in this forum.

Is there a way to get that with the general board?

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Oooh right email subscription! Yes you can do that, the option is just above the RSS Subscription option... though it doesn't really call out Email all that well:

Then once you've subscribed go to your Profile settings and under "Subscriptions & Bookmarks" you can edit the details:

4i6AEDF95650FDC942

Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Rhys,

Thanks for that.  Did you change the configuration of this board?  I double-checked that this feature was here like 10 times before I posted it.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Erik

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hey Erik,

yep I updated the config. It was only switched on for mods and admins which seems a little silly as everyone can benefit from this feature :smileyhappy:

Enjoy!

ps: If there is anything else that comes to mind just start a thread and I can look into it.

0 Likes
Robert_Boyd_4 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I'm of the same opinion on this issue. I don't want the RSS option. I'd like to be able to subscribe to for instance the Linux board or the OpenVMS board. How can I do that for email updates only?
Master you were right about 1 thing -- the negotiations were SHORT!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.