Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

TES Deploy

Jump to solution

Team,

we have 3 work group server and 1 Indexing Server and 1 IDOL Server. we are using SQL Server as a Database and  I am trying to make the below change and turn off this option via CM Enterprise Studio.

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Content-Manager-User-Discussions/lt-CM-Support-Tip-gt-quot-Filter-function-for-security-filtering/m-p/2841428#M39986

My understanding is that only one server we can deploy , I believe Index server  and the change will be cascade all other workgroup servers. Someone pls confirm or provide the steps to clarify which server to make this change in order to reflect in all other servers. Appreciate it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Commodore
Commodore

Hi, You can open the studio on any of the WGS.   At InfocentriK we  like to run the Studio on the same WGS each time and then we refer to that as the primary WGS (you have 3 from what you, pick one :)).  

-Make the required change

-click the Studio Save button on the toolbar

-Click Deploy button on the toolbar.  As Winter Soldier says...do this after hours... 🙂

The Save you do will save the change(s) you made to the TRIMConfig.tcfg file on that server.

The Deploy function will propagate/push the config file to the other WGS you have registered in the Studio. In doing so it does a quick in-process restart of the services on all WGS so that they can all pick up the changes in the config file.  After this they are all in sync with the change you made.

Cheers, ChrisE.

InfocentriK Helpdesk
InfocentriK Limited

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Whenever you make changes to the configuration in TES you hit save which then saves the config to the local computer.

You then hit deploy to push that config to all workgroup servers.

It restarts the workgroup services on all servers.

Best to do it after hours but generally users won’t notice as the restart of the services is generally pretty quick.

I like to observe all servers update back to online though and manually restart the services if they get stuck during a deploy to be safe.
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Thanks Mate. Just to re-confirm which server do I need to make the change before I deploy? Like I mentioned Index or IDOL Content or one of the workgroup server before I deploy? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi, You can open the studio on any of the WGS.   At InfocentriK we  like to run the Studio on the same WGS each time and then we refer to that as the primary WGS (you have 3 from what you, pick one :)).  

-Make the required change

-click the Studio Save button on the toolbar

-Click Deploy button on the toolbar.  As Winter Soldier says...do this after hours... 🙂

The Save you do will save the change(s) you made to the TRIMConfig.tcfg file on that server.

The Deploy function will propagate/push the config file to the other WGS you have registered in the Studio. In doing so it does a quick in-process restart of the services on all WGS so that they can all pick up the changes in the config file.  After this they are all in sync with the change you made.

Cheers, ChrisE.

InfocentriK Helpdesk
InfocentriK Limited

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Thanks Chris and Winter , Noted 😊

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.