Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
RachaelR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

TR5 links to web client?

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

We're starting to become more mobile and our manager etc have been given tablets and smart phones and they want to be able to access RM8 on the go.
What needs to happen to allow this?
All of our agendas are sent to everyone via email as a TR5 file/link, does this needs to change?

The web side of things is a new experience for me, so I'm a bit lost.

Thank you and regards,

~*~
Current Build: 9.0.4.488
My comments, views, opinions etc. are a reflection of myself and no-one else
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TR5 links to web client?

Jump to solution

So the TR5 files will not open a webclient session, you would need to send out the URL.

There are system options that will allow the URL to be added to the send to feature.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

So the TR5 files will not open a webclient session, you would need to send out the URL.

There are system options that will allow the URL to be added to the send to feature.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Greg!

I'm assuming Administration > System Options?
After that point I'm a bit confused 😕

~*~
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Don't worry I've worked it out.

Thank you so much 🙂

~*~
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

So first enable the system option, this can only be done once the Webclient or Webdrawer has been installed.

web.JPG

Then when you right mouse click and "send to" for example you can configure the user option to include the URL (along with the TR5) to be send.

web2.JPG

Highlighted
Morrissey Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.