Highlighted
Absent Member.. RM_TRIM Absent Member..
Absent Member..

TRIM 7.2.1 - SharePoint - SQL 2012

Jump to solution

Hello All,

Going through the TRIM spec for SharePoint 2010 integration, I could not help but notice that there is a requirement for the TRIM workgroup server to be installed on the SharePoint WFE and Application Server. I am in a bit of a peculiar situation as the client has a SharePoint Enterprise Services Farm that is consumed by a number of other SharePoint farms. So, in SharePoint terms, the application server lives in a seperate SharePoint Farm. We will be building a new SharePoint farm and consuming the Search and other services from the Enterprise Services Farm.

My questions would be:

• Will I need to install a Workgroup Server on the Enterprise Services Farm as this is the Application Server for SharePoint
  • Currently TRIM is not certified for SQL 2012. Do we have a time frame for 2012 certification

The reason for the SQL 2012 question is that we will not be implementing the new farm till probably Feb 2013. I do not want to design the TRIM architecture with a SQL 2008 RDBMS, when the client can have the benefits of SQL 2012 and the AlwaysOn Availability Groups

Thanks,

Robert

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TRIM 7.2.1 - SharePoint - SQL 2012

Jump to solution

You need to install the TRIM integration components on the Sharepoint servers, but you can select a 'remote' Workgroup to connect to with the integration in 7.2.1. So no, you dont need a TRIM workgroup running on the SP WFE or App Server.

We cannot provide details on future releases or supportability of SQL 2012 at this stage, though I can say for certain that 7.2.1 will NOT support it.

A future release of TRIM will be required before we officially support SQL 2012.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
1 Reply
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TRIM 7.2.1 - SharePoint - SQL 2012

Jump to solution

You need to install the TRIM integration components on the Sharepoint servers, but you can select a 'remote' Workgroup to connect to with the integration in 7.2.1. So no, you dont need a TRIM workgroup running on the SP WFE or App Server.

We cannot provide details on future releases or supportability of SQL 2012 at this stage, though I can say for certain that 7.2.1 will NOT support it.

A future release of TRIM will be required before we officially support SQL 2012.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.