Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TRIM 7.3.3 - Alerts & LDAP

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am using Trim 7.3.3. and new with TRIM.

1. I am having problem with Alerts function in which it keep Dim although I already configure the process in TES.

Screenshot of my steps is attached. Can anyone help me point which part of configuration I misconfigured or overlooked?

2. I also have problem with TRIM LDAP Sync Tool (64-bit) - I am unable to connect to my LDAP server.

I use the same parameter to connect HP Teleform (Autonomy) product and it does have successful connection.

Any known issue on this tools? Or any other way I can do my LDAP Sync (scripting etc)

Thanks!

Rgds,

Wan Abr

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TRIM 7.3.3 - Alerts & LDAP

Jump to solution

Not too sure about the LDAP stuff. The Alerts issue I would guess that you need to do the following for the Alerts menu to appear under Tools:

Mail Notification, select Enabled. You can configure e-mail notifications in the HP TRIM Enterprise Studio E-mail Server dialogue box: Right-click General and click Properties.

Make sure the user Location has an e-mail address - in HP TRIM, select a user Location under Search - Find Locations, then right-click it and click Properties - Electronic Addresses tab. The e-mail address needs to be both an Internet SMTP format address and the native mail application, e.g. Microsoft Exchange format address for each user Location.

After you do that the Alerts option should be available and you can then configure alerts.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Not too sure about the LDAP stuff. The Alerts issue I would guess that you need to do the following for the Alerts menu to appear under Tools:

Mail Notification, select Enabled. You can configure e-mail notifications in the HP TRIM Enterprise Studio E-mail Server dialogue box: Right-click General and click Properties.

Make sure the user Location has an e-mail address - in HP TRIM, select a user Location under Search - Find Locations, then right-click it and click Properties - Electronic Addresses tab. The e-mail address needs to be both an Internet SMTP format address and the native mail application, e.g. Microsoft Exchange format address for each user Location.

After you do that the Alerts option should be available and you can then configure alerts.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your help on this. Now its working after I configure the user Email address.

For LDAP I still havnt got a solution. Maybe need more time to explore the mappings and etc.

Thanks again & i'll close this post.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I'll see if any of my colleagues have an idea about it and get back to you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Just had this sent to me, might help you out:

make sure the account you are  running TRIMDS with as has full read access to LDAP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

Finally my HP partner manage to provide me with some script when connect to LDAP.

My actual problem is to sync users in LDAP group, in which the group resides in OU. I was unable to do it without having all the OU users sync together.

The script to be in Search Filter column is:

(&(objectClass=user)(memberof=CN=Name_of_your_group,OU=Global Users, DC=TRIM,DC=local))

Thanks 🙂

Rgds,

Wan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Were you looking to sync only one user?  If so, you can tweak that search filter column to include a fitler for just that person's name.

---------
Erik
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.