New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TRIM 7.3.3 integration

Jump to solution

Hi

We're looking at buying an intranet solution that will integrate with TRIM 7.3.3. The vendor has asked the following questions:-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Is it possible to extract search data from HP Trim?
If yes, Trim can convert to JSON and inject into our Search Index so content can be surfaced. . . .

2) Does the application support SAML 2.0 for Single Sign On?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've no idea on either of these questions. Can someone help please.

Regards

Sam

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You would have to build your own web service to do this in 7.3.3, or find a partner who has one.  Version 8 was where a JSON web service was released.

And no, there is no built-in support for SAML 2.0 in 7.3.3.  In version 8 the web service has a pluggable authentication layer so any identity provider can be supported.

Blog | Samples | CM SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You would have to build your own web service to do this in 7.3.3, or find a partner who has one.  Version 8 was where a JSON web service was released.

And no, there is no built-in support for SAML 2.0 in 7.3.3.  In version 8 the web service has a pluggable authentication layer so any identity provider can be supported.

Blog | Samples | CM SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on this.

Regards

Sam

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Sam, if you have not finalised the purchase yet, you may consider other solutions whichs are fully integrated with all versions of TRIM and RM and provides you better flexibility and scalability at reduced long term cost. Such solutions are build on SharePoint and for that I mean even SharePoint Foundation (free) version and fully integrated with TRIM and RM , Filesystems and even with well known databases bi-directional to keep source and targets in Sync.

Intranet design and UI is always based on User Experience, Corporate branding etc, Even with the prepackaged intranet solution you will end up customising it to your users requirement and coporate branding whch would be similar in bif you buy a platform which is TRIM integration ready..

Cheers,
Harry
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.