Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

TRIM 7.33 Printing documents

Jump to solution

I am currently testing 7.33 and one of the tests was to print more than one document, i.e. tag a few documents, right mouse click > send to > print document - confirmed I wanted to print all tagged records and then another screen pops up asking "Print E-mail Attachment(s)?"  I am confused as I have not tagged any email records.  Basically I then select No, it asks me again if I want to print all tagged rows and then eventually prints the documents.

Has anyone else experienced this? Why is it happening and how do I fix it?

Many thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TRIM 7.33 Printing documents

Jump to solution

I think you'll find this is expected behaviour. TRIM behaves similarly in many scenarios when records are tagged (as opposed to just highlighting one record). Because any number of different types of record could be tagged, at the point of asking it to perform an action on tagged records TRIM will ask you questions like whether you want to print e-mail attachments, in case at least one of the tagged records happens to be an e-mail with attachments. It's similar to the difference you'll see in the shortcut menu when you right-click on a single tagged record compared to just highlighting the record and right-clicking. In the case where you've tagged the record, TRIM will present all the menu options because it's detected that the action is being performed on tagged record(s).

The alternative would be for TRIM to somehow perform an analysis of all the records you've tagged, and determine exactly what options to present to the user based on the collective properties of the entire collection of tagged records. I assume this would be unnecessarily time consuming to do, and users would complain about the long delays when they try to right-click and select an action on tagged records.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I haven't some across that one myself, although that is not an action I perform all that regularly.

Does it happen every time you tag records and print?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I think you'll find this is expected behaviour. TRIM behaves similarly in many scenarios when records are tagged (as opposed to just highlighting one record). Because any number of different types of record could be tagged, at the point of asking it to perform an action on tagged records TRIM will ask you questions like whether you want to print e-mail attachments, in case at least one of the tagged records happens to be an e-mail with attachments. It's similar to the difference you'll see in the shortcut menu when you right-click on a single tagged record compared to just highlighting the record and right-clicking. In the case where you've tagged the record, TRIM will present all the menu options because it's detected that the action is being performed on tagged record(s).

The alternative would be for TRIM to somehow perform an analysis of all the records you've tagged, and determine exactly what options to present to the user based on the collective properties of the entire collection of tagged records. I assume this would be unnecessarily time consuming to do, and users would complain about the long delays when they try to right-click and select an action on tagged records.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Makes sense Neil, thanks very much.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.